Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:44:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Byoung-Kee Yi <kee@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A few questions

Hi -
I'm running R2.2.1 on my home PC. I connect to Internet
through ppp service provided by my school(UMD).
I have a few questions.

(1) I don't seem to be able to have access to FreeBSD home page,
    in fact, almost all www servers running on top of FreeBSD.
    It seems to me related to the reverse DNS checking.
    I have no problem on Win95. Is proxy server a must in this case,
    or is there any workaounds?

(2) Ever since UMD upgraded their dial-up modems to 56.5K(probably X2),
    I almost always get a message from pppd, "Lost Compression".
    What does this mean? Is it a problem with the modem, pppd, or
    noisy phone line?

(3) I purchased a notebook recently. I know there is PAO package,
    but would like to know which of FreeBSD or Linux is easy to
    install on a notebook(Toshiba 730XCDT)?

Many thanx.

-- Kee