Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 18:17:26 -0800
From:      Stephen Waits <swaits@northlink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple Site On-Demand Dialing?

I have a bunch of remote sites (like 600) I'd like my FreeBSD machine to
dial up on demand.  My question is this:

Say I have the BSD machine setup with like 30 modems.  Can it be setup
in such a way as to dial a particular phone number on demand?  That is,
each remote site has a block of IP #'s, and a telephone #, and whenever
someone pings one of those sites, the FreeBSD machine would dial it up
and the like would be established.

Please email any responses directly to me,

Thanks --Steve