Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 14:11:15 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        Dan Welch <WELCHDW@wofford.edu>
Cc:        "TRUTH::WELCHDW"@wofford.edu, HARDWARE@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isa bus and boca multiport boards

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Dan Welch wrote:

> > And, IRQ 12 is used for PS/2 mouse ports built into motherboards.
>
> I used the cmos setup to turn that off.  Is that reliable?

	No. I've seen myself that disabling PS/2 mouse
	in BIOS doesn't leave IRQ12 for you -- last time
	that was on Packard Bell 486 box, with Phoenix BIOS,
	when we tried to install second AHA-1542 in it.

	Despite of disabling PS/2 in BIOS, 1542 did all kinds
	of strange and mysterious things ("going to polling
	mode", loosing interrupts, etc.) until we moved it
	from IRQ12 to some other one.

Best regards,
Andrew Stesin

nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE