Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 11:35:48 +0300
From:      Andreas Mueller <amu@tr.debian.net>
To:        unfurl@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/22428: FTP: Mirror-TR down

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 09:18:42PM -0700, unfurl@FreeBSD.org wrote:

--- cut ---
bash-2.04$ ncftp ftp.tr.freebsd.org
NcFTP 3.0.1 (March 27, 2000) by Mike Gleason (ncftp@ncftp.com).
Connecting to 212.174.120.1...
finland.ispro.net.tr FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
User anonymous unknown.
--- cut ---

same result, with user ftp,guest

The thing is this: it's not a good thing. Since i'm at working
at Turkey, I tried to get files from a turkish mirror, unfortunately
the mirror is not reachable, or i cant reach it, there's no
anonymous,ftp or guest login.

This is no complain, it could help FreeBSD Quality Assurance.
At Turkey there are not more than 20 FreeBSD Users, if the ftp-mirror
is not working, it looks not nice.

If it does'nt matter for you, ignore/close the case. I'll continue
getting my files from .us

Regards,
Andreas