Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 01:06:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        steven <stevensl@mindspring.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update: Re: So we're stuck with using timidity now?

> Well i cvsup'd my sources to the latest.. todays source.
> one of the files updated was indeed the swap_pager.c
>
> so i recompiled the kernel. Made sure i was using the right version
> of OSS, the "i" version
>
> still locks up... mpg123 seems to run fine, so does Fxtv. but the
> main reason for OSS is to get sound out of quake and use x11amp.
>
> So should i just get a real soundcard ;-)

I don't know what is going on... I am using FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE, which
could be why my computer doesn't have the problems that yours does. The
OSS website recommends using the 11/23/98 snapshot of FreeBSD 3.0 in order
to achieve the greatest stabilty, but I have not had any problem getting
x11amp, or quake working.

Kenneth Culver