Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:51:06 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: best softupdates/wc combination for laptop

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:17:16AM +0100, j mckitrick wrote:

> What would be the best combination of softupdates and write caching for
> laptop use?

It depends on your system stability.

Some of us who should know better do stupid things with our laptops.
These stupid things can crash the system.  My laptop's write caching
is off, because I am a damn fool.

If you're a user who doesn't want to see just how many different sorts
of bullets you can put in your foot, write caching is just fine.

==ml

--
Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org