Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:25:41 +0000
From:      Kemian Dang <dangkm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nvidia video driver and Fb7

Hi, everyone,
I have installed the FB7-rc1 and the nvidia driver from port and kept
update to the newest version, but when I change the xorg.conf to use the
"nvidia" instead of "nv", the X gave a complain about no /dev/nvidiactl
and stops, so I can only use nv, which seems slow on some 3d application.
I tried to download the source from nvidia web page to compile, but it
said it is not for fb7 now. But, when I install from port, it did not
give any error or warning.

So, have anyone tried nvidia driver on fb7 and succeed? Please give some
advice on how to solve this problem.

Best wishes,
Kemian