Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 1996 03:01:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@nike.efn.org>
To:        James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux emulation running Doom ][

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, James Raynard wrote:

> > well... I'm trying to get linux doom to run on my 2.2-960323-SNAP box...
> > but when I try to run it the first time I get a broken pipe (but that is
> > after I am able to get the menu up...  then after that it will always fail
> > with a:
> > Error: could not get stats on key=1685024621
> >
> > this says until I reboot...  restarting the X server, or reloading the lkm
> > for linux emulation...
>
> At a guess, you don't have the SYSV IPC options enabled in your kernel?

if your talking about SYSVSHM, SYSVSEM, and SYSVMEG (or something very
similar)... I have them comipled in...  as I said before the first time I
can actually get graphics... it just dies...

another problem is when I try to run quake... it runs fine... just that
under 8bpp mode I get it in black and white, and if I'm in 16bpp I get a
half screen with some interesting colors...  Thanks for all your help...
TTYL..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)