Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:34:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, <eischen@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Reason: releng4 comp. hack, machdep.c 1.539 (was: cvsupd death (signal 6))

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Andrey A. Chernov wrote:
>
> > The bug completely gone after I revert machdep.c to 1.538. This commit
> > cause bug:
> > revision 1.539
> > Please back it out or do it properly!
>
> this IS the backout.. it's now how it was before, including in 4.x

Not so.  The ucontext is now much larger and has some things in different
places.  The larger ucontext would cause problems if anything copies around
ucontexts and expects this to preserve them.  Things in different places
would cause problems if anything accesses them.  cvsupd apparently does
some of these things.  ISTR that the modula runtime knows a lot about
the contexts, and that this caused problems the last time signal context
were changed.

Bruce