Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:51:41 +0100
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Graham Lillico <graham_lillico@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 02:04:38PM +0000, Graham Lillico stood up and spoke:

> What I don't understand is that I have told cvsup to refuse the port stuff
> for chinese, french, german, hebrew, japanese, korean, russian, ukrainian,
> and vietnamese but they are still there after I update?  Shouldn't they be
> deleted?  But I did install the ports when I installed FreeBSD.

Well, I guess if you already installed the full ports tree and now put
parts of it into your refuse file, CVSup will *not update* the parts you
requested to be refused, but on the other hand, it will not delete what's
already there on your machine. It will simply leave the refused parts of
ports untouched.

If you don't want certain parts of ports around, deleting them manually and
then puuting them into your refuse file will make you get rid of them and
prevent CVSup from re-checking them out.

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany