Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 17:15:52 -0600
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why ...

On Sun, Dec 20, 1998 at 01:55:56AM +0100, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> Why there is no text editor in /bin or /sbin or /stand (a simple text editor, vi,
> ee or anything else) ?
[...]
> The only thing I found is ed in /bin but it isn't so much fair to use...

So learn how to use "ed".  On many systems, it's all you get in /bin anyway,
and BSD is known for being rather conservative in that aspect.

It's not that hard to learn, and if you already are familiar with sed,
grep, and vi (ex), then it's even easier.

--
drwho @ xnet.com, BOFH  --   http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
America: where you're free to do as you're told.