Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 02:29:43 -0400
From:      Ray Kohler <ray@rjk191.rh.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel config wd0 -> ad0?

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 02:10:58AM -0400, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> How would I specify the IDE controllers and drives in the config file
> for the new kernel?

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device		ata
device		atadisk			# ATA disk drives
device		atapicd			# ATAPI CDROM drives

> ,----[ My current kernel config file ]
> | controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 flags 0x90ff90ff
> | disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
> |
> | controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 flags 0xb0ffb0ff
> | disk            wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
> `----

You should have these drives detected as "ad0" and "ad1". If you
would prefer "ad0" and "ad2", add this line along with the other
three:
options		ATA_STATIC_ID

--
Ray Kohler <rjk191@psu.edu>