Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:56:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marius <marius@mail.communityconnect.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <karsten@rohrbach.de>
Subject:   Re: UDP problems in 4.5-STABLE

Ah,  I have just investigated that thread.  (Did not want to reply untill
I actually had time to look it up.)  Perhaps that is my problem too.  I am
willing to try, taking down one machine at a time, reinstalling with
RELENG_4_5 source and seeing what happens.  Tedious, but if it -fixes-
things, well joy joy all around.

And I consede to karsten@rohrbach.de that I do indeed have the soundcard
aformentioned.  I guess I never noticed because I never enabled it in the
kernel.

-Marius M. Rex

 On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Dave Hayes wrote:

> marius  <marius@mail.communityconnect.com> writes:
> > Hmm... I had not read about that.  But then the source I grabbed was
> > almost a month back (Feb 26th by my count) I had t test it on some
> > of my home machines before putting it anywhere near production.  Is
> > this thus applicable to the source I grabbed?
>
> It sounds quite likely. If you look at the "Network stalls with 4.5"
> thread, I believe you'll find the information you need.
>
> > Besides that, how does one back out?  I am sure I could figure out how to
> > grab a spefic source tree with cvs, especially if I knew a the date in
> > question.  But is there a safe way to step back like that without
> > reinstalling?
>
> I don't think so, but what I was referring to was to sup the
> 4.5-RELEASE source by specifying a tag like RELENG_4_5 (see
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html
>
> for a list of tags) in your sup file and use that source to rebuild
> your systems. That was what was recommended by the thread.
>
> If you do this, I'd be curious to know if it solves your network
> problems.
> ------
> Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
>
> Nasrudin was driving a friend in his car at a spanking
> pace. Suddenly, glimpsing a signpost, the friend called out
> "Mulla, we're going in the wrong direction!"
> "Why don't you ever think of something good?" came the
> reply. "Just look, for instance, at the speed we are going at."

Do not try to solve all life's problems at once -- learn to dread each
day as it comes.
                -- Donald Kaul
:wq