Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 02:51:05 -0800
From:      brian@mpress.mpress.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        derekb@teleport.com (Derek Boonstra)
Cc:        erich@ip.org (Eric L. Hinson), brian@mediacity.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Mlink PPP?

Derek Boonstra writes:
> For the past month I have been trying to get 128k out of a BitsurferPro
> connection to a Livingston with a 5 port BRI, and have only been
> successful with 64k channel.  ...
>
> I am using the Internal, ISA BitsurferPro with user ppp, FreeBSD
> 2.1.0-RELEASE. ...

Are you getting a single B channel UP with the ISA BitsurferPro?
If so, I'll look into the problem.  When I talk with Motorola about
the ISA BitsurferPro, it seemed they didn't care about anything
except Windows95.

Didn't RCA basically invent television and the government anti-trust
them out of their lock on the market?  Where are those people today?
Dead I suppose, so where are their children?

> 	Were you using an ISA card?

I was using external.

> 	Did you get 128k?

nope. though I could get 2B calls up.  Throughput was around 8 to 9K
per second.

> 	Perhaps I should get an external adapter and start again?

I'm really looking for an internal solution.  Somewhere I read that
USR has an internal unit that acts like an ethernet card.  Just haven't
figured out which model it is, or how you program the ISDN specific
info into it.

Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com