Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:40:02 GMT
From:      Artur Zabronski <artur.zabronski@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/122046: [psm] Synaptics touchpad freezes (psm0: lost interrupt?)

The following reply was made to PR kern/122046; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Artur Zabronski <artur.zabronski@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, artur.zabronski@gmail.com
Subject: Re: kern/122046: [psm] Synaptics touchpad freezes (psm0: lost
	interrupt?)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:38:34 +0100

 I have read Synaptics Interfacing Guide, atkbd/psm.c and debug outputs
 and I have three conclusions:
 - "psmintr: delay too long; resetting byte count" message always occurs
 after one/serie of "psm0: lost interrupt?" messages,
 - packet after psm delay (resetting bytes count) always have two first
 bytes zeroed e.g. 00 00 90 8a 08 c0 (byte with sync mask [0xc0] is
 last), I suppose that this bytes are coming from not-completly read last
 packet (last packets looks like "80 00 00 c0 00 00"),
 - 4-5s freezes = waiting after sync errors (2 sync errors =
 debug.psm.errsecs).

 I don't know why packet before "psm0: lost interrupt?" is not completly
 read.