Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 18:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS weirdness - What is the best ethernet card?

Hello all
 I have solved my problem with the NFS mount via a web page at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook227.html.

 By lowering the packet size, the NFS works perfectly. It says that most often this is due to a cheap or 16 bit card. I am using pentII 266 machines both with Intel 10/100 pci cards. I even tried moving the server to a 3com card with no luck.

 Does anyone know why there should be such a problem with these cards? I thought the Intel was a good card.

 Thanks