Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:23:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1 disks

--- "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org> wrote:

Aye..  makes sense.  Despite the additional storage gained my DVD, I have not
seen the influx of DVD titles like we've been promised... in terms of the
general PC end user and not specifically the Unix community.

In fact, the only thing I've used my DVD drive for is pumping a movie out to
the TV.  If it were not for the backward compatability to CDROM... I would
think I'd screwed myself.

I'll certainly buy a copy when we finally get the FreeBSD core, source, ports,
and distfiles on DVD.  To think, having all of that on one disk at my
fingertips.  It'd be really nice in a server farm application.  Put the DVD
drive on an NFS filesystem and you'd be set as long as you didn't need bleeding
edge changes and updates.

I'll certainly a DVD application when the means to pursue it becomes more
realistic.

-Richard