Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:50:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      phiber@radicalmedia.com
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/32124: Cannot set 128 bit wep key on prism2 cards...

The following reply was made to PR kern/32124; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: phiber@radicalmedia.com
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, nsayer@quack.kfu.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:46:29 -0500

 I have the exact same problem, and was about to file a report when I found
 this one.  I'm using an SMC2632W on a Sony VAIO with a 2655 access point.
 The setup works fine in Windows on the same machine with WEP enabled, etc.
 After applying the aforementioned changes to if_wi.c, etc., that you merged
 in from CURRENT, things SORT OF work.  Now, I can ping my access point, which
 I couldn't do before at all with WEP enabled, with 0% loss.  However, if I
 try to ping, connect, etc., to any machines on my ethernet (or beyond) on the
 other side of the access point, maybe one out of fifty packets actually gets
 through (as tcpdump on the other side shows).  The same goes for ethernet
 traffic bound for my laptop.  I'm guessing that something about the packets
 that the wi driver is generating is confusing the access point (maybe) with
 respect to WEP-128 being enabled.  I still find it terribly odd though that
 I can ping the access point itself from the laptop with no problem, but
 packets are just barely getting back and forth to the ethernet on the other
 side (almost not at all).
 Any further suggestions?

 -Mark