Date:      Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:10:35 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
Cc:        Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla-embedded-0.9.3,1 breaks skipstone and galeon...

Christopher Masto wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 01:00:24PM -0400, Daniel Frazier wrote:
> > These errors look very similar. I'd venture a guess that they're due
> > to mozilla-embedded but I'm not exactly sure how.  Could it be that
> > the galeon and skipstone ports need to be updated to work with
> > mozilla-embedded-0.9.3,1?
>
> galeon and skipstone always need to be updated when Mozilla is updated.
> If you look at their web sites, you'll see that a new version comes
> out shortly after each release of Mozilla.  It just takes a little time
> to make it into the ports collection.

I tried to adjust the current galeon port to build 0.12pre1, but it
is a difficult task. The configure script fails in strange ways, and
unfortunately I am not an expert in configure scripts. I expect that
Gnome ports maintainers could update the galeon port soon. But,
on the other hand, I am afraid that galeon may fall sooner or later
into a similar state to nautilus' :-(

-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **