Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:18:07 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   adduser bug!?

Hi,

I have recently made a make world last week and I have some adduser
problems in my machines. Below are the description of the problems

I use YP/NIS so in password file I have this kind of entry to import
people from webadmin group into a machine and override their UID/GID

+@webadmin::1000:20:::::/usr/local/apache/www:
webadmin:*:1000:20::0:0:ISPRO Web Admin:/usr/local/apache/www:/bin/tcsh

BUT adduser things there are 2 users with same UID/GID in passwd file

If I remember right then this was not like this 2 weeks ago...

webmaster:/root#adduser
Use option ``-silent'' if you don't want to see all warnings and
questions.

Check /etc/shells
Shell: /nonexistent not executable!
Check /etc/master.passwd
User +@webadmin: uid 1000 exists twice: webadmin

there is same problems which adduser complains about the group file
here is what is in my group file

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/group,v 1.19 1999/08/27 23:23:41 peter Exp $
#
+wheel:*::
+staff:*::
wheel:*:0:root
daemon:*:1:daemon
kmem:*:2:root
sys:*:3:root
tty:*:4:root
operator:*:5:root
mail:*:6:
bin:*:7:
man:*:9:
games:*:13:
staff:*:20:root
guest:*:31:root
bind:*:53:
uucp:*:66:
xten:*:67:xten
dialer:*:68:
network:*:69:
nogroup:*:65533:
nobody:*:65534:

when I try to use adduser it reports;

tucows:/etc#adduser
Use option ``-silent'' if you don't want to see all warnings and
questions.

Check /etc/shells
Check /etc/master.passwd
Check /etc/group
Groupid exists twice:   +staff: -> +wheel:
Enter your default shell: csh date no sh tcsh [tcsh]:

because the GID fields are empty
then I try to change it so I write 0 and 20 respectively into the GID
fields then it complains there are same groups again etc. everything is
so fuzzy...

Is this my imagination or somebody changed some code in adduser?

Evren