Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 1996 13:57:09 -0600
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org, multimedia@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: New meteor driver

> First of all, thanks Jim for doing this.

Thanks for testing it :-).

> > I also put a a newer version of the mbone tools with source compiled for
> > FreeBSD.  Due to popular demand I changed the hardcoded paths to be
> > relative :-).  I changed nv and vic to work with the changes in the new
> > driver and hopefully included all the changes need for vat to work
> > with FreeBSD.
>
> Which sound-driver are these sources compiled for?  I've got a 2.1R box
> with a GUS, and I'd really like to get tools that work on it. :)

I run with the sound drivers that are in -current.  I beleive the
-current sound drivers are the same as what is in 2.1R.  There is a
file there from Amancio called vat-hasty-fix.  If you are running
the alpha sound drivers on rah.star-gate.com I think you want to use
that file for audio-voxware.c rather than the one that is supplied
from vat.  If you use the alpha sound drivers from rah.star-gate.com,
do not use vmix as vmix only works with the -current/2.1R/2.1-stable
sound drivers.

One of these days when I get some time I will probably fix this mess
so people won't have to worry about which sound drivers and from where,
but right now I am rather swamped.

	-Jim