Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 21:55:23 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@mcs.net>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WARNING! Builds from the last few days have BROKEN NFS

>> 'Just do it, and quit 'yer arguing' :) :) :) :)
>
>What I don't understand is why this kind of change would have the effect
>that it is having.  That is, why would reducing the target number of vnodes
>on the freelist lead to hangs in a disk wait ("D") which are unkillable?

Karl, neither do any of us at this time.

We may be pretty good wizards, but we're not gods any of us.

We need more data, and that involves you doing as we say in an attempt
to figure out what the heck is going on.

I'm running a make buildworld across NFS right now, but so far I see no
trouble along the lines of what you found.