Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:45:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CVS and bsd.port.mk

I use CVS to keep my ports collection up to date, and it works great.
However, I make the occasional change to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk,
specifically, I add '-p' to the FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS variable so fetch uses
FTP's passive mode to get through my firewall.  But when I CVS and get a
new revision of bsd.port.mk, it wipes out my change.

So is there a better way of having fetch use passive mode that doesn't get
wiped out in CVS updates?  Something like /etc/rc.conf overriding
/etc/defaults/rc.conf, perhaps?

Ken