Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 1999 11:20:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      slava <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD kick-start diskette

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to make a kick-start FreeBSD
installation diskette so that I would have the install plus packages
on a central NFS machine also running a DHCP server.

Then I would boot from this floppy each of the other machines on the
flat network and authomate the proccess of getting the IP from DHCP,
partiotioning the disk, specifying the distribution I want installed
as well as the packages and get the job done via NFS.

This would very much help when you have a class of 30 PC and you want
to set up the machines the same way as fast as possible.

Has anyone done this with FreeBSD?

thanks,
slava