Date:      Sun, 03 May 1998 17:38:31 +0000
From:      samuel <SAMIGWE@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sco driver and xwindows

Subject: sc0 driver and xwindows
 Date: Sun, 3 May 98 08:44:17 +0000
 From: samuel <SAMIGWE@worldnet.att.net>
 To: freebsd-question@FreeBSD.ORG

 hello

 I am running freebsd and have compiled a kernel with the sc0 driver.
for
 some odd reason X windows does not run.  I keep getting fatal
connection
 errors.

 yet a kernel with the vt0 driver runs X. (in fact the two kernels
config
 files are identical with the exception of the display drivers). but in
 running X i am unable to allocate xterms.

 I have enough ttys allocated and one set aside for x. I also did a
 makedef and have more than enough ptys.

 my system is a 486 dx4 100mhz 40 mb ram,96mb swap, 2.5gig drive running
 freebsd 2.2.5

 i cant seem to determine the root of this problem -- which keeps
 changing the file group of /etc/ttyv* whenever X runs with the vt0
 driver.

 yet for some insane reason cant run X with the sc0 driver in kernel.

 thanks for any help provided.

 Samuel

 p.s -- the default kernel == kernel.GENERIRC does not run X either.
 --
 Samuel Igwe
 http://home.att.net/~SAMIGWE

--