Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:23:47 +0300
From:      Yoav Cohen-Sivan <ycs@netvision.net.il>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 and user PPP lockups

A small update: I recompiled my kernel, this time adding 'pseudo-device
bpfilter 1'. I wanted to be able to tcpdump the link after ppp got
stuck. Yet, ever since my reboot with the new kernel I can't get the
damn think to lock-up ;-)

Anybody else with these problems: can you please try this, too? We might
be able to find a pattern here.

Finally, check if you are using the pnp code in your kernel, and if your
modem is pnp: that was the second hunch I was going to investigate
before bpfilter "ruined" everything for me.

	Yoav