Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 97 19:54:15 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, "Various..." <zbuday@lightspeed.bc.ca>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ?

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:07:42 -0800 (PST), Doug White wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Various... wrote:
>
>> Would freebsd, handle Win311 or 95 applications?
>
>Win31:  With emulator, which isn't finished yet.
>Win95:  No.

	Wine is doing marginally well at emulating win 32 stuff.  It's
still nowhere near done, but making rapid progress.  There is also a newer
version than what we have a port for, but I just changed the name of the
directory once it was untarred and did make patch && make configure &&
make build and I's in business.  Try http://www.winehq.com/ for more info,
or comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine on usenet.

	Are we by chance working on a FreeBSD windows emulator?  That
would be welcome news. :)

Hope this helps,

Doug

*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the  world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server. 4,168 clients and still growing. :-)
*** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
***		Part of the DALnet IRC network		***