Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:02:48 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port upgrading - my way

--nextPart3566926.ZW7N1EQEIX

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 12:40, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

> Then I run:
>
> portupgrade -a
>
> That's it.

You missed the most important middle step:

    less /usr/ports/UPDATING

to see what critical changes have been made in the meantime that will affec=
t=20
your system.  For example, the www/apache2 port recently disabled the=20
various mod_proxy modules by default.  Since my company's site depends on=20
those, I would have been in a mess if I hadn't planned to handle that=20
change before running the portupgrade.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser