Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 12:23:00 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, markm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why bother submitting anything (via send-pr)

Brandon Gillespie scribbled this message on Aug 10:
> I'm debating with myself why I should bother submitting anything with
> send-pr anymore.  It seems that unless it happens to be a pet project of
> one of the developers, it will pretty much be ignored and never committed.
> I have two submissions pending SOME response (even a 'no, we dont want it'
> would be appreciated)--but nothing.  The first is a rewrite of the
> libcrypt,

pr2302, this one has been analyzed by markm, and the last statement on
the code is:
I'll commit this real soon now.

of course that was back on Jan 18...  so I'm cc'ing markm onto this
thread...

> and the second is 'doconfig' (a wrap of the kernel build
> process, based off Digital Unix'es doconfig). Its been so long since I've
> sent these in that I've lost the send-pr id for them (altho I could dig
> them up again).

pr3386...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD