Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 00:58:15 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <un_x@anchorage.net>
To:        Alpha Sarmian <as1995@singnet.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Space req'd for DOS part. install.

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Alpha Sarmian wrote:

> Hi, because my target PC has no CD-ROM, I intend to install FreeBSD 2.2
> using DOS partition (directory) after I copy the CD-ROM's contents to disk
> via fastwire from another PC.
>
> How much disk space do I need for this installation partition (directory)?
>
> I haven't received my CD-ROM yet so I cannot see the size of its contents.
>
> Thanks!

i think the minimun is 40 - 50, you may want 100M or more for
full installations ...  depends on how many ports/packages you want.
the boot floppy used to (may still) have the install space requirments
listed next to each type of installation ...
 Sleep: a sign a caffeine deprivation ...      http://www.anchorage.net/~un_x