Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 07:08:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SACK in FreeBSD TCP.

Well I just look at the data flowing...

we lose bursts of packets out of a single window,
and of course then we get teh entire window retransmitted...
because of the long RT delay, the entire retransmitted window arrives
before the ack we send  to say "hey we got it all now"  gets to
the server in the US..
(I have both ends of this transmittion so I can see that it is
happenning....)  (tcpdump is your friend).
Of course this etra stuff queues up on the far end of my modem link
and forces packets from teh NEXT window to get dropped.....

Once the error rate drops below 1 packet lost for 20  or so transmitted,
I start to get some data through but below that ( most of the time)
I get about 500 bytes/sec throughput..
(FBSD<-> FBSD)

Julian