Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 19:33:41 -0500
From:      "Anil John" <ajohn@cyberforge.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems compiling xwpe under FreeBSD 2.1.5 - Help!

Greetings,

I am trying to compile Xwpe under FreeBSD. I ran the makefile created
by the 'configure' script and got an error that ranlib could not be
found.

I enabled the following line in the Makefile:

#If You have to run ranlib after building a Library:
RANLIB= -DRANLIB

and ran make again. Everything seemed to going along until I got the
following error:

gcc -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -I/usr/X11R6/lib/../include  -DTERMCAP
-DRANLIB -D"PRNTCMD=\"lpr\"" -DNOVSWTCH               -DRANLIB
-D"DESTDIR=\"/usr/bin\"" -c we_term.c

we_term.c:11: termio.h: No such file or directory

I did a locate on 'termio.h'. The only things I could find were:

/usr/include/sys/termios.h
/usr/include/termios.h

Has anyone gotten this to work under FreeBSD?  If so, I would
appreciate any info you can provide on the next step...

Anil

CyberForge Group LLC                * Internet Consulting
E-Mail: ajohn@cyberforge.com        * WWW Publishing
410-597-8139                        * LAN & WAN Integration