Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:56:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <smg.md@verizon.net>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installing in Freebsd 7

I keep having this problem during installation, and have not been able to find a solution.
I already have diablo-jdk1.5.0 but build of jdk15 fails in my system with the following message:

WARNING: Your are not building SPONSORS workspace from
         the control build. This will result in a development-only
         build of the J2SE workspace, lacking the installation bundles

WARNING: Your FreeBSD installation is not valid for building a
       the J2SDK. You must be using FreeBSD 4.1[01]|5.[345]|6.*.
       Your release is 7.0-RELEASE

ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
       to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
       A Java 2 SDK 5.0_14 build must be bootstrapped using
       J2SDK 1.4.2 fcs (or later).
       Apparently, your bootstrap JDK is version
       Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR setting and start your build again.

So I gave up building oo.org from source.
When I try to install the package, that fails too with the following message.

checking the installed JDK... configure: error: JDK is too old, you need at least 1.3
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to openoffice@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
the
"/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2/work/OOH680_m12/config_office/config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.

But I already have diablo jdk in my system (see above)

Please help, I really need openoffice in my system.

thanks