Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:15:55 +1100
From:      "Wyatt, Anthony" <Anthony.Wyatt@its.csiro.au>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Need help with /boot/loader and cd9660_boot :-(

Hi,
	I'm trying to build a bootable CD with FreeBSD on it.  I've come
very close (CD boots now :-), but I can't get the kernel to recognise the CD
as a CD9660_BOOT filesystem :-(

	This is what happens:  when loader comes up I stop the kernel from
	The kernel loads goes through its stuff and recognises my cd ad acd0
	The askmount request pops up and asks for a FSTYPE:DEVICE to mount
root from, and this is where it all comes to a screaming halt.  I've tried
cd9660_boot:acd0 (and various variations like acd0s1a etc) and it then says:

Mounting root from cd9660_boot:acd0
iso_mountroot: can't find rootvp

	Then back to the prompt to try again.  Can someone point me in the
right direction here.  I created the cd with mkisofs, it as /boot /sbin /bin
on it and a copy of the kernel that is in the CD's boot area.  Am I missing
something from my root or am I not telling the askmounter the right things?

Help!
Anthony