Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:14:49 -0400
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Scott Gerhardt" <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
Subject:   Re: Recommended MTA

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:47:34 -0600, Scott Gerhardt wrote:

>Ok, FreeBSD 4.4 includes Sendmail by default.
>
>I will be setting up a mail host and I am looking for recommendations on a
>good MTA.  Should I stick with Sendmail or go with one of the others?
>
>I know Sendmail, Postfix and Qmail are all good choices, but which one
>should I invest my time and braincells into?  I have to learn one, which one
>should it be?

i didn't like sendmail, it was way to confusing for me to hack into.. i
am running qmail now, i think it took about 2hrs to setup.. the list
server uses postfix, which is probably what i would use if i hadn't
already setup qmail... qmail is really secure though.

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net