Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 2020 14:59:13 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Roderick <hruodr@gmail.com>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: OT: Dealing with a hosting company with it's head up it's rear end

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020, Aryeh Friedman wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 3:10 PM Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org> wrote:
>>
>>         Do you have it in writing that they agreed to provide the access
>> you require. If so you have a club your lawyer can beat their lawyer over
>> the head with otherwise you're probably screwed.
>
> Already tried and they said such services were "third party" and
> specifically forbidden by the contract as being "unsupportable".   The
> client's attorney said the client would lose in court since any third party
> service is disallowed by the contract.

What does this answer have to do with the simple question:

"Do you have it in writing that they agreed to provide the access
you require"

If the answer would have been "yes", then the their party party should
play no role.

The thema here is about a contract for three years for $100k signed
by people that cannot read.

It is not a thema for this mailing list.

And we have again a necer ending smalltalk with all kind of
anectdotes.

Rod.