Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 10:52:51 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compatibility list

Gee, my Libretto works great with FreeBSD -current and has since 2.2.5
or there abouts.  The only major breakage that I've seen on it was my
own fault and never made it into the tree.

The biggest problem that I've had helping people is that the current
code is bog stupid when it comes to trying to avoid address/irq/io
conflicts and just gives unhelpful, unuseful, annoying error messages
for easily fixed problems.

I'm hoping that the new bus code will help the base dynamic problems
which have been hacked around in many ways.  Dynamic IRQs, I/O ranges,
devices coming and going really is a hard problem.  Also, PnP support
will help in device enumeration and hot-plug events.  The biggest
problem is finding the time...

Warner