Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:13:50 -0500
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@dlee.org>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail to News software suggestions?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:09:16PM -0800, Vivek Khera wrote:

> DL> I want to read busy mailing lists with nn or trn.  I have space to
> DL> store the messages as news articles locally.  I'm looking for a
> DL> system that will take incoming list mail and deposit it in "newsgroups"
> DL> I create for them on this machine.  I use procmail, so it would be
>
> Download and read the commentary in
>
>  http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/V/VK/VKHERA/mail2news-1.14
>
> I use this gateway to read the freebsd lists, and various other high
> volume lists that a few of us read here.  I keep archives for 6
> months, but that's all configured via my INN installation.

I'll plan to check that out, as well as www.gmane.org, which was also
suggested here, and nntpcache, which looks like a way to speed up my
news access while allowing me to merge this specialized hierarchy with
standard newsgroups without even needing to store local article trees.

Thanks, all, for the valuable input.

--
Doug Lee           dgl@dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org
Bartimaeus Group   doug@bartsite.com   http://www.bartsite.com