Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 14:03:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig delete question.

   Is there an easy way to delete all aliases on an interface under
-stable (and not nuke the main IP address)?  Currently, you can do:

   for (the number of aliases + 1)
   ifconfig <interface> delete

which will sequentially delete all aliases and addresses on the
interface, but I'd rather do something that doesn't actually delete the
primary interface address as well.  I know that under -current, you can
con it in to listing all interfaces, but is there something that can be
done under -stable?

(The problem with deleting them all is that with tcp_keepalives enabled,
oftentimes the command will hang after the primary interface has been
deleted, and the command will terminate.  Yes, you can nohup it, but it's
an icky workaround.

   -Dave

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)