Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        kiri@pis.toba-cmt.ac.jp
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why dose'nt install objformat?

 * Does it means that user who uses ports in stable must be allways set
 * PORTOBJFORMAT=aout? According to elf-guidlies wrote by
 * Mr.A.Satoshi,system may be detect aout or not whether 3.0 or not. I
 * think it prefer to install objformat, and user may not be concern with
 * PORTOBJFORMAT.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here, but
PORTOBJFORMAT is always "aout" in 2.2-stable.

Satoshi