Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 1994 23:21:08 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Rainer Wittmann <rainerw@addison-wesley.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Addison-Wesley Germany needs info

> after the succes of Linux-CD-ROMs on the german market Addison-Wesley
> Germany is also interested in producing a FreeBSD CD-ROM.
> We are planning to use version 2.0 or if already available 2.1,

Would the CD documentation also be in German?  Das wird doch geil, man! :)

> Our question before we are starting this project is:
> Are there any coypright violations refering to the use of FreeBSD 2.x ?
> We would like to copy the whole FreeBSD2.0 tree from a ftp-server to
> our local machine as starting point.

There are no legal restrictions.  You should, however, be careful to
title it differently enough from the Walnut Creek CDROM title so that
there is no confusion between the two.  You also can't call it `The
Official FreeBSD CDROM' because Walnut Creek already has that, too!
:-)

					Jordan