Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:20:02 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        Brendan McAlpine <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up a FreeBSD machine as a router / firewall

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:05:08 -0500
Brendan McAlpine <bmcalpine@macconnect.com> wrote:

> Can someone point me to a good reference for setting up a FreeBSD 4.5
> box as a router / firewall?

 First, I would go to www.freebsd.org, Handbook link, and look for their
information on PPoE (the title is even in bold)

 That should give you enough information on how to set up your PPPoE link.

 Then I would head to the FreeBSD Cheat Sheets
http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd

 And read up on his information on Dual-Homed Hosts (he also has another
tutorial on PPPoE).

 Failing that, perhaps something is on www.defcon1.org

 I think the hardest part is adjusting the firewall rules to your
requirements but the rest is fairy easy (now that I've done it and look
back!).

-Gerry
Web Hosting // Primary & Secondary DNS Services
at http://www.interpool.ca