Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 2020 11:07:42 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        "User Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT: Dealing with a hosting company with it's head up it's rear end
References:  <CAGBxaXmg0DGSEYtWBZcbmQbqc2vZFtpHrmW68txBck0nKJak=w@mail.gmail.com> <CALeGphwfr7j-xgSwMdiXeVxUPOP-Wb8WFs95tT_%2Ba8jig_Skxw@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaX=CXbZq-k6=udNaXTj2m%2BgnpDCB%2Bui4wgvtrzyHhjGeSw@mail.gmail.com> <40xvq0.qf0q3x.1hge1ap-qmf@smtp.boon.family> <CAGBxaX=9asO=X32RucVyNz5kppPhbZc9Ayx-pyiXMBi85BeJ6w@mail.gmail.com> <20200814004312.bb0dd9f1.freebsd@edvax.de> <20200814065701.2b390145ac6d189161bc31b4@sohara.org> <173ed205550.27bc.0b331fcf0b21179f1640bd439e3f4a1e@tundraware.com> <CAGBxaX=gs57EXsm028%2B6Var89MUoGh-7d1gfPdGmbm5gPBnufA@mail.gmail.com> <4d320acd-a995-7a35-5c0e-c2c22e7e6f96@radel.com> <CAGBxaXnjDAnZPjx_nksb_ed-f%2BX=PowLTUYMX706oMScd8HDaw@mail.gmail.com> <20200814213706.18eb16b9.freebsd@edvax.de> <20200815081600.55107873@scorpio.seibercom.net> <CAGBxaXk4T4Wnk0vvVKnswuACjh8iYmz3gTnyh=zz2L8BM1zF%2Bw@mail.gmail.com> <20200815100104.4c2feae9@scorpio.seibercom.net> <CAGBxaXmOQNuJdrsp8EdkJHwqnTm1B8vjP%2B2rjJSWO=9VDU4OGA@mail.gmail.com>

--Sig_/izHYSEFQENzE7QN+twAKIpL

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 10:37:29 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated:
>On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 10:01 AM Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 08:59:52 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated: =20
>> >Says someone who refuses to help fix a bug because some hardware
>> >vendor refuses to give them free equipment, even though the bug
>> >affects equipment you already have. =20
>>
>> Your analysis is incorrect. I did in fact, rectify the problem.
>> Coming to the realization that it would cost me both time and money,
>> I choose a different path. Realizing that I could easily minimise
>> the situation with a minimum of effort, I simply changed to an OS
>> that did not suffer from the affliction and offered me more leeway
>> in completing my job requirements.
>> =20
>
>So if you switched OS's, go troll some other list instead of one made
>up of people who actually care enough about the tools they use to fix
>the ones that are almost perfect instead of saying my hammer's handle
>has a little dent in it thus I am going to burn it (making a lot of
>noise about how evil the hammer is) and use a screwdriver handle to
>bang a nail in.

Your insistent whinny is directed at your hosting company, yet you
continue to post on a forum that pertains primarily to an OS. Your
supposed problem would be better directed at a forum dedicated to
resolving you problems, imaginary or not.

There are literally hundreds of sites that pertain to hosting
available. You might want to try this one:
https://forums.hostsearch.com/

>> There is an old saying, "Piss poor planning on your part, does not
>> constitute an emergency on my part." The simple fact that you failed
>> to anticipate potential problems, either now or at some future date,
>> is solely your fault. =20
>

>Maybe it is because I am planning that I am bringing the issues up
>before they become actual issues (or I guess you can't be bothered to
>read the whole thread to see that).

The issue(s), at least according to you, have already bite you in the
ass. For the record, I have read all of the thread, including your 18
and counting posts to that thread, all saying or relating to the same
supposed issue, your inability to get a hosting company to kiss your
ass. Poor Aryeh. "Aryeh" good, everyone else bad.

>Very few problems cannot be cured with a minimum of effort.
>> Unfortunately, all to many insist and cursing that darn night rather
>> than lighting a small candle.
>> =20
>You just don't read, do you?  If you did you would see that is exactly
>what I was doing -- attempting to figure out where effort was worth it
>(and which ones were unfixable but due to external stuff I am still
>stuck with and have no option but to deal with them anyways).   Not
>taking the lazy way out and saying my hammer sucks and burning it.
>Burning hammers causes more problems than it solves usually (like the
>fire spreading to your entire workshop).  Besides nails tend to break
>screwdriver handles when used as hammers.

You are really dense, Your options are quite clearly laid out.=20

1) Negotiate with the company.
   a) Since that has failed, move onto #2
2) Bring legal action
   a) So far you have failed to do that which indicates that either you
   have no legal basis for the action or you fear a counter suit that
   might implement you as culpable in some manner.
3) Failing to implement #2, move to a new hosting company that is
   either willing to implement your requirements of already embellishes
   them.

As any real mechanic knows, if you don't have the tools you need on
hand, whether from poor planning or whatever, you utilise the tools you
do have on hand. A nail "may" break a screwdrivers handle, but if that
nail saves a ship from shrinking, do you really think it is not worth
it? Well, you might. I can just envision you sitting on the deck,
crying like a wimp because you don't have a hammer to drive in the nail
to seal the latch while the water flows in sinking your ship,
all-the-while a screwdriver lays unused in your tool belt.

--=20
Jerry