Date:      Wed, 07 Jan 1998 01:55:53 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        dpsmith@xoom.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote power cycle

>>     For wcarchive, I use the BOOT_FORCE_COMCONSOLE make option. I run gettys
>
>This option doesn't exist in 2.2.5 or 3.0.  You set flags on the desired
>serial console instead.  See sio(4) in 3.0.  The documentation is out of
>date in 2.2.5.

   The "BOOT_FORCE_COMCONSOLE" option was an option to building the
bootblocks, not a kernel option, so I don't see how sio() flags has
anything to do with it. That said, the option went away in 2.2, and
now this is done with BOOT_COMCONSOLE_PORT, I guess. I haven't rebuilt
the bootblocks since 2.1, so I didn't notice the change.

-DG

David Greenman