Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:24:06 +0100
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
To:        Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE list <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IBM/Cyrix 6x86 133(PR166)

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:03:02PM -0600, Virtual Bob wrote:
> I was just compiling kernel (4.x-S) on this thing and I had 586 CPU option
> compiled. Boy, was I amused when the new kernel died while trying to boot
> up. Rebooting with the generic kernel, I caught the message from it saying
> a 486-class CPU is detected. Is that right? Or do I have to throw in some
> secret switches while making the new kernel?
>=20
> ------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------
> Keyboard stuck error. Press F1 to continue.
> Any unsolicited e-mails will be charged US$500 per e-mail,
>   plus court cost.
> Your contribution to Bill Gates' personal wealth: US$359.17
>=20
> end of the original message

The PC I'm using is a Cyrix 6x86L PR-200+ and the kernel is compiled
with the following options (for maximum performance):

cpu             "I486_CPU"
options         "CPU_BLUELIGHTNING_FPU_OP_CACHE"
options         "CPU_BLUELIGHTNING_3X"
options         "CPU_BTB_EN"
options         "CPU_FASTER_5X86_FPU"
options         "CPU_IORT"
options         "CPU_LOOP_EN"
options         "CPU_SUSP_HLT"
options         "CPU_WT_ALLOC"
options         "CYRIX_CACHE_REALLY_WORKS"
options         "NO_F00F_HACK"

This is for FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE. If you're using 4.2-STABLE you may omit the
"" around the options, you may also have to check LINT to see if the options
are still valid.

	Francesco Casadei

--=20
You can download my public key from http://digilander.iol.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--