Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2017 08:53:56 +0100
From:      Kai Gallasch <k@free.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Quarterly Status Report - Fourth Quarter 2016

--Fk0TXvgs4ahaFGWPFUJgUBM00EV1IcP3G
From: Kai Gallasch <k@free.de>
To: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

--4c8Am3b3QNF47AVFBkQruamXGEccrG4Xh

On 14.02.2017 05:20 Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> Core requested the removal of the misc/jive port, on the grounds that
>    it had no function other than to turn text into an offensively racis=
>    parody. This proved controversial, with many seeing this as a first
>    step in bowdlerizing the entire ports tree. That is certainly not
>    Core's intention. Core's aim here is to help secure the future of th=
>    FreeBSD project by making it welcoming to all contributors, regardle=
ss
>    of ethnicity, gender, sexuality or other improper bases for
>    discrimintation. While misc/jive may once have been seen as harmless=

>    fun, today the implicit approval implied by having it in the ports t=
ree
>    sends a message at odds with the project's aims.

Am I dreaming? Has this "disease" finally reached my beloved FreeBSD
after all this years?

In my opinion it is just not Cores business making decisions besides the
technical and organizational aspect. As long as any port has a handful
of users and someone is willing to support it, its existence in the tree
is justified. And basically I don't care if there is a port in the tree,
where little harmless kittens are being shot at.

Thank you Core!
You made my day!

K.