Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 15:44:26 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc:        joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu, jack@diamond.xtalwind.net, mark@quickweb.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On Holy Wars, and a Plea for Peace [sorry Danny, wherever you are, but the title fits]...

> > How come Linux is so well-known?  What in its history caused it to
> 	Pretty much the first *free* Unix-like operating system.  I think
> its only predecessor was Minix(?)  It wasn't for about a year after I played
> with Linux that I even heard of FreeBSD...

uh.

i had been using freebsd for months when i first heard about linux at all,
and it's somewhat strange since i live in helsinki and was studying in a
college at the time...

later i've earned that back then, 92, the linux had already been a while,
so had freebsd.

and mostly coz of our administrator of the time, and those linux freaks
we had in our school from the start of 93, i was pretty well alienated
from any ideas of ever even considering running linux. since i found the
attitude those linux people had revolting. it was in category of religious
fanatics, only few magnitudes more. *gag*

anyway, incidently, atleast few of those back then freaks have turned into
freebsd as soon as they left school and started to do something serious.

*smile*

mickey
--
mika@aeon.net      <- just watch me rising on rc5 stats   :p