Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:23:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      ERRIC CHANEY <erricchaney@yahoo.com>
To:        "Ronald G. Arnold Jr." <rarnold@colemantx.com>, freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installation problems

Ron,

here is my methodology.

1.created a primary partion d:(fat 32)
2.formatted 2 1.44 3.5 fd
3.ran mkflp.bat to make kernel and mfsroot
fd(complete)
4.booted the machine with kernel disk
5.got no keyboard message, suddenly i had no keyboard.
My keyboard is USB(Should it matter)
6. rebooted hit enter used -Dh  recognized the
keyboard and started to install the kernel(completed).
7. asked for mfsroot disk, inserted disk and lost
keyboard and the a: never would stop accessing.

Questions
1. does freesbsd support fat32
2. looked for fdimage on cdrom-1 could not find it, is
it the mkflpbat file?

p.s. I am close to installing this thing, if anyone
can see any error in my methodology of install, please
feel free to elaborate. Also, I will definitely know
how to install freebsd when this is over. Oh yeah,
thanks for the help to all. Hope this time is the
charm so I can start my unix journey.

=====

SINCERELY,
ERRIC G. CHANEY