Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 12:42:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        Tim_Bissell@cmg.fcnbd.com
Cc:        Tim Bissell <tjb@fnbc.co.uk>, FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Problems with 2.1.5 / XFree86 3.1.2 and Diamond Stealth64 DR

On 11-Nov-96 Tim Bissell wrote:

Tim,
    Don't do the probe!  The Diamond cards (most of them) don't like
the probe, but you should find that card in the list of supported cards
under 3.1.2.  I use the VRAM version at work, and its fine.  FInd the
DRAM one in the list, and set it as the video using xf86config.  DO NOT
PROBE the card, just select the default (enter) on those screens for
selecting the clock and probe say no.  It works fine.  I use the video
depths of 432, 432, and 32 to set the modes.

Paul

E-Mail: wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Date: 11/11/96
Time: 12:42:16