Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:29:25 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <lauasanf@wilderness.dyn.dhs.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about IDE CD operation

I was looking at the man page for dagrab (a cd ripper) and noticed this:

	Gaining more speed with IDE drives
           Edit /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/ide-cd.c  and  change
           the  value  defined  for CDROM_NBLOCKS_BUFFER near line
           202 to a higher value.  A value of 32 works for me with
           a  Toshiba  XM-6201B  (256KB buffer).  After installing
           the new kernel, you may use the -n  sectors  option  to
           tell dagrab to read more sectors at once.

I was wondering what file/value one would change to do this on FreeBSD,
and what the overall implications of doing it were. Any help with this
will be greatly appreciated.